Telephone: +251-11- 122 87 55/ +251-11-122 90 34 /+ 251- 115- 51 50 00
Fax: +251-111 22 85 84/+251-111237958
P.O.Box:255, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Swift Code: CBETETAA
Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Web Site: http://www.combanketh.et
Established Date: 1963 E.C.
Number of Branches:962
Toll Free line: 951
- The leading bank in Ethiopia, established in 1942.
- Pioneer to introduce modern banking to the country.
- It has more than 980 branches stretched across the country.
- The leading African bank with assets of 311 billion Birr as on September 30th 2015.
- Plays a catalytic role in the economic progress & development of the country.
- The first bank in Ethiopia to introduce ATM service for local users.
- Currently CBE has more than 11 million account holders and the number of Mobile and Internet Banking users also reached more than 460,000 as of September 30, 2015. Active ATM card holders reached close to a million.
- It has strong correspondent relationship with more than 50 renowned foreign banks like Commerz Bank A.G., Royal Bank of Canada, City Bank, HSBC Bank,…
- CBE has a SWIFT bilateral arrangement with more than 700 others banks across the world.
- CBE combines a wide capital base with more than 22,000 talented and committed employees.
- Pioneer to introduce Western Union Money Transfer Services in Ethiopia early 1990s and currently working with other 20 money transfer agents like Money Gram, Atlantic International (Bole), Xpress Money,…
- CBE has opened four branches in South Sudan and has been in the business since June 2009.
- CBE has reliable and long-standing relationships with many internationally acclaimed banks throughout the world
To become a world-class commercial bank by the year 2025.
We are committed to best realize stakeholders’ needs through enhanced financial intermediation globally and supporting national development priorities, by deploying highly motivated, skilled and disciplined employees as well as state-of-the-art technology. We strongly believe that winning the public confidence is the basis of our success.
- Corporate Citizenship
- We value the importance of our role in national development endeavor and step-up for commitment.
- We abide by the law of Ethiopia and other countries in which we do business.
- We care about society’s welfare and the environment.
- Customer Satisfaction
- We strive to excel in our business and satisfy our customers.
- Quality Service
- We are committed to offer quality service to our customers’ and aspire to be branded with quality in the minds of our customers and the general public.
- We encourage new ideas that can improve customers’ experience and the Bank’s performance.
- We recognize the importance of teamwork for our success.
- we respect diversity of viewpoints.
- We are committed to the highest ideal of honor and integrity.
- We recognize our employees as valuable organizational resources.
- Public Confidence
- We understand that the sustainability of our business depends on our ability to maintain and build up the public’s confidence.