Telephone: +251-115 57 2113/+251-115 57 2115
Fax: +251-115 572 110
Address: Africa Avenue(Bole Road), SA Building.
Swift Code: ORIRETAA
Established Date: 2008 G.C.
Number of Branches:115
Establishment of the Bank
Oromia International Bank S.C. (OIB) was established in accordance with the pertinent laws, regulations and the 1960 Commercial Code of Ethiopia, by the Monetary and Banking Proclamation No. 83/1994 and by the Licensing and Supervision of Banking Proclamation No. 592/2008. Accordingly, on September 18, 2008, OIB obtained a banking business license. At the time of its establishment, OIB’s authorized capital was Birr 1.5 billion, whereas its subscribed capital was Birr 279.2 million, and its paid-up capital Birr 91.2 million. OIB began operation on October 25, 2008 by opening its first branch at the Dembel City Center. More specifically, its branch was named Bole Branch.
“To be the Bank of your first choice”
“We are committed to providing full-fledged and best quality commercial banking services within the pertinent regulatory requirement with due diligence to sustainable business while empowering the missing middle and discharging social responsibility by engaging highly qualified, skilled, motivated and disciplined employees and state-of-the- art information technology, adding real value to the shareholders interest and win the public trust.”
- Persistence, endurance and tenacity;
- The satisfaction of its highly esteemed customers;
- Transparency, integrity and confidentiality;
- The building up of a real team spirit;
- The groom of potential successors from among its employees to all its jobs—including the managerial ones;;
- Total respect to its customers and employees;
- Highly competent and motivated human resources, who are committed to upgrading their skills by taking the types of training that the OIB gives to them;
- Making the OIB a perpetually learning and innovative organization;
- Encouraging a sense of belonging among all its employees; and
- The upholding of corporate citizenship.