- Sgt. Bakaffa Casey, a U.S. Army Africa information technology manager was reunite with his mother for the first time since 1999
- USARAF Civilian donates children’s clothing to Addis Ababa landslide survivors
- Yetnebersh Nigussie has been named as one of the winners of an award described as “the alternative Nobel prize”
- Queen’s University launches research collaboration with Ethiopian university
- Ethiopian singer and poet Demisu Belete and Israel’s 12-piece Hoodna Orchestra are set to release ‘Alem’, a song produced and directed by the orchestra’s director, Ilan Smilan. ‘Alem’ is scheduled for digital release on 8 September.
- For the first time, scientists have found living microbes in the blistering hot springs of Ethiopia’s Danakil Depression.
- Harar – the Ethiopian city known as ‘Africa’s Mecca’ marks its 1,010th anniversary